Massachusetts Public Health Association (MPHA) is the champion for public health in the Commonwealth. MPHA uses advocacy, education, community organizing, policy development, and coalition leadership to secure investments in public health, promote health equity, and bolster our public health infrastructure.
Promoting racial justice is a core component of MPHA’s work and identity. As MPHA pursues policy changes to promote health equity, we strive to confront systemic racism and other forms of oppression that have been embedded in public policy.
The Assistant Campaign Director will be a core part of a four-person Policy & Field Team working to advance MPHA’s health equity policy agenda. The Assistant Campaign Director will focus on developing and stewarding relationships with community-based organizations, local leaders, coalitions, and other allies to shape MPHA priorities and drive effective action that leads to winning policy campaigns. This position will also have an important role in shaping campaign strategy and tactics.
We are seeking candidates with a proven track record in community, legislative, labor, or electoral campaigns. The successful candidate will be highly skilled at the art and science of leveraging time, resources, and relationships into concrete campaign victories.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Visit https://tinyurl.com/MPHA-AssistantCampaignDirector. You will be asked for basic application information and to provide a cover letter and resume.
Qualifications (see website for complete description):
- Commitment: Commitment and track record of leadership advancing equity.
- Ability to align and move people into action
- Partnership: Experience supporting racially diverse partnerships or coalitions
- Strategy development: Demonstrated success in designing and implementing campaign strategies and tactics that engage individuals or organizations.
- Leadership development: Demonstrated success in leadership development, .
- Highly organized and motivated
- Strong communicator and team player
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience
- Knowledge of Mass. legislative process & political landscape preferred.